As we mentioned above, your campaign page draws visitors in and persuades them to support your book.
- Your elevator pitch: A one to two sentence description of your campaign to draw in supporters
- Campaign summary: A description of your book, the purpose of your crowdfunding campaign, why you chose to crowdfund, and any other information you think might be relevant. This can be broken up by headings and/or images.
- Book excerpt: 1000 words maximum.
- Campaign image: Something that represents the theme of your campaign. It doesn't necessarily have to be the final cover.
- Your author bio and image
- Rewards: At least five to seven rewards starting as low as $1 and going as high as $5000. (We cover what makes a good reward in the fourth section.)
- Any relevant links, like your website and social media profiles.
Things to keep in mind:
- Spend a lot of time creating your campaign page. This is what is going to sell your book to people, so make it good.
- People are bad at reading online. Remember to use things like relevant images and bold headings to break up the text on the screen and make your campaign more visually interesting.
- Get creative. Keep your language engaging and fun. Give people something to get excited about.
- Be clear about what you need and where the money is going. Your supporters will feel a lot better giving you money if they know you have a plan for it.